is an open source media player that gathers the power and flexibility of GStreamer
inside the comfort of a minimalistic Clutter
The snappy development team is proud to announce it's 1.0 release
Codename: "I'll be back", Terminator
We think the project has achieved the maturity worthy of a 1.0 release. It does one thing and it does it well.
Some of the changes
you will notice are:
- It’s been given some needed visual polish
- Playback speed adjustable
- Video and audio synchronization tweeking
- Time left of stream viewer
- Better drag and drop
- Better media history handling
- More features accessible from Clutter interface
- Bug fixes
already included from previous releases:
Download a tarball: xz
- Subtitle support
- Desktop launcher
- Video and audio synchronization tweeking.
- Multi-screen full-screen
- Media queues
- History of played media
- Seeking/muting/cycling through languages (audio streams)
- Frame stepping
- Much more
Clone the git repo
Packages in distributions will be updated soon
to all who helped in snappy's creation!
Disclaimer: No moose were harmed during the making of this release. One got homesick and an other disappeared for days in a Breaking Bad marathon, but that's about it.